This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Portuguese flag carrier TAP Air Portugal has announced that it’s cutting both of its routes to London City Airport (LCY). Since April 2017 and January 2018, TAP has operated service from Lisbon (LIS) and Porto (OPO), respectively, to LCY.
As reported by Business Traveller, TAP will cease to operate both of the routes as of 27 October 2019.
The airline said, “Due to uncertainties in customer demand associated with Brexit and the lower than expected results in that market, TAP decided to suspend the operation in London City airport”. In addition, an airline spokesperson told BT that there were no plans at this time to resume the route in the near future.
As the two routes will not officially be suspended until 27 October, they’ll continue to operate on the published schedule. Lisbon (LIS) to London City (LCY) has two daily frequencies Monday through Friday and one daily frequency on Saturdays and Sundays.
Meanwhile the London City (LCY) to Porto (OPO) route will continue to operate with 5x weekly service (every day except Saturdays).
If you were booked on a TAP flight that has now been cancelled after 27 October, you’ll want to contact the airline to see if there are alternate arrangements you can make. The airline will continue operating flights from London Gatwick (LGW) to Porto and from both London Gatwick (LGW) and London Heathrow (LHR) to Lisbon.
Featured photo by SOPA Images/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team