This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Along with plenty of questions about maximising your travel, we know you have had some amazing travel experiences (as well as some days you’d rather forget!), and we want to share them to help others, too. We are dedicating a weekly article to share our readers’ travel stories — both successes and failures.
These can be anything from as simple as a packing hack you’ve developed to the dream, round-the-world first class redemption on points and miles. Mistake stories could equally be as simple as forgetting to check-in online for a flight before you arrived at the airport or a small mistake causing a complete trip to fall apart.
You can share as much or as little of your experience as you would like. Selected stories will be shared on The Points Guy UK. We all make mistakes when we travel, too, and TPG UK staff have already started sharing ours.
If you’d like to share your personal travel stories to be published on our site, we would love to hear them. Simply email your story (a paragraph of around 100 words is perfect) to email@example.com and put ‘Reader Success Story’ or ‘Reader Mistake Story’ in the subject line.
Due to the volume of submissions, we can’t respond to each story individually, but we’ll be in touch if yours is selected. And don’t worry — we will only publish your first name.
Featured image by Ishan Seefromthesky via Unsplash
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team