Love travel? The Points Guy UK is hiring
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s exciting times at TPG UK as we look towards 2022 with hope for a bright and busy future of travel. We are once again looking to grow our team and we are in the process of immediately hiring 3 roles in London. A managing editor, a social media manager and a video producer.
You can find out all about these roles and links to apply for each of them below:
This person will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the TPG UK site and the morning news operation of the global TPG brand. The Managing Editor will build out and establish a content calendar of features, SEO-appointed stories and partner campaign projects, among others. They will also act as the assigning editor for the London news office of TPG on a global level.
As the TPG UK Managing Editor, they will be responsible for identifying, assigning or writing and editing news stories — sometimes breaking news stories — and cross-publishing them on both TPG US and TPG UK sites. This candidate will work to build relationships with contacts in the aviation, hospitality, credit card and general travel industries across Europe. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in news and breaking news coverage. A strong knowledge base of travel industry trends, aviation, loyalty points and miles and credit cards would be beneficial.
What You’ll Do:
- Write or assign, edit and publish 2-5 daily posts of roughly 200-500 words each, sometimes written with limited turn-around time (generally less than two hours).
- Edit and maintain a thorough content calendar of feature-length stories at least three weeks in advance.
- Build and maintain relationships with a roster of freelance writers.
- Manage a team of in-house writers and editors.
- Consistently improve the quality of TPG’s editorial coverage.
- Plan out evergreen stories to run over periods of slow news or reduced staffing.
- Work closely to coordinate editorial strategy with counterparts in the US.
- Be engaged in social media, staying current with trends.
- Understand SEO value and employ best practices for SEO.
- Be engaged on data for our editorial coverage and use it to make informed decisions about coverage.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 5 years of editorial experience, preferably as a news editor.
- Experience leading content teams that create a wide range of content types across multiple platforms and channels.
- Knowledge of aviation, points and miles, credit cards and the general travel industry.
- Industry connections in aviation, travel, hospitality and credit cards.
- Ability to quickly and accurately write or edit stories.
- Growth mindset with a drive to innovate and think strategically to support the expansion of TPG UK.
- Experience leading or overseeing training sessions on editorial processes.
- Clear understanding of brand voice and the ability to work across multiple style guides, with a strong knowledge of AP style preferred.
- Knowledge of content marketing performance KPIs, such as audience qualification.
- Strongly value diversity and inclusion, with an understanding of how to integrate those values into content marketing programs.
We are looking for a Video Producer to join The Points Guy UK team, part of our travel vertical alongside Lonely Planet. As a Video Producer you will focus on the exciting TPG UK YouTube channel with 285,000 subscribers and 37 million views. You’ll be responsible for brainstorming, researching, scripting and booking upcoming shoots and building other content to publish to The Points Guy UK platforms. You’ll work on location on shoots assisting the team and contributing as an additional camera operator and gathering material for YouTube and other social channels
We are looking for a hard-working, meticulous individual with a passion for travel and aviation who can balance a daily workload of tasks with longer-term projects, navigate the evolving landscape of YouTube and all social media platforms and can bring a creative flair to the content they create. Experience in producing travel/aviation content is not strictly required but candidates should have a knowledge of travel.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and align with leadership on a roadmap to drive The Points Guy UK’s YouTube channel growth based on audience and channel insights.
- Plan and execute programming and content distribution for the YouTube channel.
- Brainstorming, researching, scripting and booking upcoming shoots.
- On location camera work and comfortable presenting in front of camera if needed
- Assist the production team on location if needed
- Engaging/liaising with editors/graphic designers (editing skills preferred but must be able to efficiently instruct editors)
- Organising/prepping camera equipment/files/memory cards/hard drives
- Working with our team and freelancers to create engaging assets to promote videos
- Work collaboratively with the wider video team to assist on larger video projects.
- Work collaboratively with the social media team to create content for platforms other than YouTube
What We’re Looking For:
- Excellent working knowledge of YouTube and other social media platforms
- Excellent knowledge of Photoshop and Premiere, preferably experience with After Effects and ability to easily and efficiently instruct freelance editors and others.
- Excellent working knowledge of a wide variety of video camera and sound recording systems
- Great organisation and research skills and strong understanding of the practicalities of travelling to manage and book shoots
- Creative flair for editing, image creation and caption writing
- Passion for travel and aviation
- 2-5 years of experience working in a similar role
Social Media Manager
As a Social Media Manager for The Points Guy, you will be responsible for managing the creative and editorial operations of all TPG’s social media content.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the creative and editorial operations of all social media content. Manage team coordination, tools and processes to drive efficiency and cross-functional alignment.
- Implement an experimentation framework and develop data-driven insights to optimise content delivery that drives engagement across all accounts.
- Plan & execute innovative promotional and content-focused campaigns to drive growth and improve brand awareness.
- Analyse performance data and iterate to achieve optimal performance. Partner with the data and analytics team to continually evolve our understanding of what algorithm factors are driving the most impact.
- Collaborate with owners of other channels (paid, earned media, email, site, etc.) to ensure alignment and consistency of company messaging across the consumer journey.
What We’re Looking For:
- Deep understanding of emerging social media trends, best practices and advanced tools and platforms
- Analytical and creative individual who can provide campaign-level analysis to identify key insights to optimise social campaign results
- Strong time management skills with obsessive attention-to-detail
- Excellent decision-making skills and ability to work in a fluid environment with a high level of autonomy and ambiguity
- Expertise in using social platforms both as a consumer and professional/ business, including experience using publishing tools,
- Facebook Business and Ad Manager, and Twitter and Instagram analytics and insights
- Proven success managing multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Professional and effective communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Featured image by Nicky Kelvin /The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!