Happy birthday TPG UK! Our first year in numbers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On 24 April 2019, a magical little switch in the digital world was flicked and thepointsguy.co.uk came to life. We kicked off with a bang with a four-day extravaganza in Covent Garden, and the pace has hardly let up since.
It has been quite a year for me and the team, growing The Points Guy U.K. into the biggest site of its kind in the country. And what better way to look back than to break down the numbers that spell out our successes from the first year.
- We have published a whopping 3,200 articles on the U.K. site.
- 4,200,000 unique people came to visit us over the past year.
- With all the page views adding up to a juicy 13,000,000.
- 70,000 subscribers get our newsletter curated by me in their inbox every day. You can sign up here.
- We published 21 exciting videos to our YouTube channel.
- These blew up and have been viewed 27,000,000 times!
- Our YouTube family grew as well, with 223,000 subscribers.
- And when you add all the watch time together, you watched our videos for a cumulative 354 years.
- We grew our team into a family of 8 travel experts: Christian, Nicky, Emily, Jean, Dan, Liam, Ben and Hayley.
- Since launch, we’ve flown on 266 flights with more than 40 airlines.
- We hit the road and met lots of our readers at 7 U.K. events.
- 77,000 people have followed us over on our social media channels.
Today, join us in celebrating our first birthday at 2 p.m. today with a virtual Zoom bash, complete with questions, quizzes and, of course, prizes. You need to register ahead of the party, and you can find the full details here.
Thank you for coming along for the ride over the past 12 months. Here’s to another year!
Featured image by Rory Dewar/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!