TPG UK turns 2! Our second year in numbers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Way back on 24 April 2019, The Points Guy U.K. was born. We had an incredible first year filled with travel, fun, flying and phenomenal growth. Our second year began as the global pandemic fully took hold. The past year certainly looked a little different, but as we put away our passports, we shifted our focus to help our readers navigate the new world.
We rode the wave of cancellations and refunds, ensuring we all knew our rights. Then came the myriad of sometimes complex airline and hotel status and voucher extensions. Summer 2020 saw travel open up again for a brief moment and we jumped on all the wonderful possibilities, which were to be short-lived as we headed back into lengthy and strict lockdowns, travel bans and the inevitable introduction of hotel quarantine.
All the while, we stayed strong, and through these turbulent times, the numbers speak for themselves.
- We published a colossal 2,200 articles on thepointsguy.co.uk in our second year;
- 6 million unique people came to visit our site over the past year;
- In total, these people read almost 15 million pages;
- Whilst grounded for most of the year, our YouTube channel continued to grow to 270,000 subscribers;
- We’ve hit a milestone of 35 million views on YouTube;
- The cumulative watch time on our videos is now 456 years;
- Our U.K. social media channels now have 95,000 followers; and
- We’ve broadcast more than 130 episodes of the live Instagram series “Cuppa TPG” amassing a total of more than 1 million views.
To celebrate our birthday, we will be hosting a Zoom webinar on 26 April at 5 p.m. Expect a TPG U.K. Q&A, quiz, prizes and special guests. We’d love you to join us! To nab one of the limited spots, you can register for the birthday bash here.
Here’s to a more exciting third year as the world begins to open up and we finally get the chance to scratch that travel itch that has been intensifying for so long.
Featured image by Khush Savjani/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!