This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The first of Virgin Atlantic‘s 12 Airbus A350-1000 aircraft has arrived at its new home in London. The aircraft, which is registered as G-VLUX and is named Red Velvet, made its way to London Gatwick (LGW) over the weekend.
G-VLUX landed Saturday evening after completing its delivery flight from Toulouse (TLS) as flight number VIR853P. Though the aircraft will be based at Heathrow (LHR), it will spend some time at LGW to undergo maintenance as well as receive visits from the airline’s corporate team, whose offices are close by.
In September, the aircraft will take its first passengers on its inaugural flight to New York (JFK). The airline is planning on dedicating this and several more of its A350 aircraft to the highly competitive transatlantic route and expects to eventually operate a total of four daily A350 flights on the route.
Virgin Atlantic is introducing a brand new Upper Class suite on its A350s. The inward-facing old herringbone layout is no more and has been replaced with a 1-2-1 configuration. Virgin has also replaced its onboard bar with ‘The Loft’, a space designed to recreate the airline’s Clubhouse experience.
Can’t wait to fly it? Here is the schedule so far.
Featured photo courtesy of Virgin Atlantic.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team