Wizz Air adds 7 routes from the UK for winter season
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-cost carrier Wizz Air is increasing its presence in the UK for the winter 2019/2020 season. The carrier is adding a slew of routes from both Edinburgh and London Southend to destinations in Europe as well as new routes from London Luton to Russia.
As reported by RoutesOnline, the carrier will launch the following services and frequencies from Edinburgh (EDI):
- Edinburgh (EDI) to Bucharest (OTP) — 2x weekly operated by an A321 effective 23 December
- Edinburgh (EDI) to Budapest (BUD) — 2x weekly operated by an A321 effective 21 December
- Edinburgh (EDI) to Gdansk (GDN) — 3x weekly operated by an A320 effective 19 December
- Edinburgh (EDI) to Warsaw (WAW) — 4x weekly operated by an A321 effective 18 December
In addition, the airline is adding the following routes and frequencies from London Southend (SEN):
- London Southend (SEN) to Bucharest (OTP) — 5x weekly operated by an A320 effective 22 November
- London Southend (SEN) to Sibiu (SBZ) — 1x daily operated by an A320 effective 30 October
- London Southend (SEN) to Vilnius (VNO) — 2x weekly operated by an A320 effective 23 November
As previously reported, the carrier is also adding service from London Luton (LTN) to Russia. Effective 1 October, the carrier is adding routes from LTN to both Moscow Vnukovo (VKO) and St. Petersburg (LED).
You can book these flights directly on Wizz Air’s website. Note Russia’s complex and expensive visa requirements remain for British (and many other) passport holders.
Featured photo by SOPA Images/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!