This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Wizz Air has announced a new winter route from its base at Luton Airport (LTN) to Castellón (CDT) in Spain. The route will start on 9 December and will operate twice weekly on Mondays and Fridays.
As reported by RoutesOnline, the planned schedule is as follows with an Airbus A320 aircraft:
- W64495 London Luton (LTN) 1:20 p.m. Departure ⇒ Castellón (CDT) 4:40 p.m. Arrival
- W64496 Castellón (CDT) 5:10 p.m. Departure ⇒ London Luton (LTN) 6:35 p.m. Arrival
Tickets are currently on sale with the first flight selling for as low as £13 one-way. The return leg is even cheaper, with flights from as little as £9 on dates throughout December.
Castellón (CDT) is an airport which is serviced by sometimes only one flight per day, with Wizz Air already dominating the departures and arrivals board. The timing of this route could be especially good for UK travellers, as Castellón usually hovers around 15 degrees with sun during winter. It could be a nice break from the dreary UK winter.
The announcement follows a succession of new routes from Wizz Air, including Russia and several new destinations from Edinburgh (EDI) and Southend (SEN).
Featured image by NurPhoto/Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The Business Platinum Card from American Express offers 40,000 bonus Membership Rewards® points as well as a slew of other valuable benefits like lounge access, hotel elite status and a digital subscription to The Times and The Sunday Times for Primary and Platinum Supplementary Cardmembers.
- Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points when you spend £6k in your first 3 months of Card Membership
- Up to 99 free Supplementary Cards - one complimentary Platinum Employee Cards and 98 Complimentary Gold Employee Cards
- Global Lounge Collection - Access to more than 1,200 airport lounges across 130 countries, including The Centurion® Lounges and membership of Priority Pass™
- Hotel Status at Hilton, Marriott Bonvoy™, Meliá Hotels International, Radisson Hotel Group, Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts – enjoy benefits such as complimentary upgrades, early check-in and late check-out, enhanced loyalty points, complimentary Wi-Fi and more
- The Times and The Sunday Times annual digital subscription (£312 value per Card) – available for Primary and all Supplementary Cardmembers
- Fine Hotels and Resorts – Enjoy a collection of over 1,000 hand-selected iconic 5-star properties worldwide. Receive complimentary benefits worth an average total value of £400 per stay.*
- £150 statement credit for every booking with onefinestay (unlimited use)
- Dedicated Account Management Team