The Points Guy UK Photo of the Week Competition: Official Rules
Terms and Conditions
Please read these rules before entering TPG UK Photo of the Week Competition (the “Competition”). You agree that, by submitting an entry, you will be bound by these rules and you acknowledge that you meet the Competition eligibility requirements.
1. Who can enter?
- UK residents aged 18 years or over.
- Employees of the Promoter, employees of any group company of the Promoter and/or any third party directly associated with the administration of the Competition are not eligible to enter.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this Competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income from the sale of their photographs.
- Failure to comply these conditions will disqualify the respective entry from the Competition.
2. When can you enter?
- The Entry Period for each Competition will open at 12.00pm each Thursday and close at 11:59pm on following Wednesday. Entries made after this time will not be valid.
- The Promoter reserves the right to modify, terminate, suspend or extend the Competition at any time without prior notice or liability where the Promoter decides there is good reason for doing so.
3. How do you enter?
- No fee is payable to enter the Competition, however you will need an internet connection and access to Instagram.
- Every week we will challenge you with a new theme for that week’s photograph. How you choose to interpret the theme is at your discretion, but we are looking for fun, beautiful, and imaginative photographs.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrant must be the sole owner of the copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Where a residential property, belonging to someone other than the photographer is featured, the photographer must seek permission from the owner of the property and be prepared to provide written consent, when requested by the Promoter.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they submit. By entering the Competition entrants grant to the Promoter the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on The Points Guy UK website and our social media channels in perpetuity.
- To enter the Competition, users must share their image on Instagram using the hashtag #TPGUKphoto.
- We want to see the best photos you have, but do not do anything illegal or dangerous to get them. If we think you have broken this rule, we will rule the entry ineligible – no correspondence will be entered into.
- Your photograph could be in colour or black and white.
- You may enter images that have had spots, scratches or other blemishes removed.
- You may enhance or crop your image for the sake of the composition.
- Composite images – entries that stitch two or more separate photographs together to make one image, or entries that superimpose elements photographed separately onto an image – are not eligible for entry.
5. What data is collected?
For the purposes of entry into the Competition you must provide Promoter with the following personal data:
- Name; and
- Email address.
Additionally, Promoter will collect the time and date of your entry, your entry into the Competition will be recorded as confirmation of agreement to our Competition Terms and Conditions and confirmation that you meet the Competition eligibility requirements.
Competition winners must confirm their full name, age, and county (or city) of residence to validate eligibility, and enable us to meet our legal obligations.
Promoter will retain details of all Competition winners for two years after the Competition in order to comply with legal and regulatory requirements. All other entries will be deleted within one month of entry.
6. What is the Prize?
Prizes will differ from week to week and will be announced every Thursday before the “Photo of the Week” Competition.
7. How will the winners be selected?
The winning entry will be selected by an independent professional photographer*, based on their opinion of the submitted images using the following criteria:
- Appropriateness to Theme
- Technical ability
- Humour & Entertainment Quality
- Visual Design
- Overall Artistic Impression
- Audience Appeal
- Je ne sais quoi
*Not an employee of the Promoter, employee of any group company of the Promoter and or any third party directly associated with the administration of the Competition.
8. How do you know if you have won?
- The winner of the Photo of the Week prize will be notified by email before 10.00 am on the day of judging.
- The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize from the date that they are announced as a winner. After this time, we reserve the right to select a new winner.
9. What else do you need to know?
- The Promoter’s decisions are final.
- This Competition is in no way endorsed or sponsored by Instagram.
- By participating in this Competition, you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any claims.
- You cannot enter on behalf of anyone else.
- Only one entry per person per week – No entrant may win more than two prizes annually.
- You may be asked but are not under any obligation to participate in non-paid publicity.
- The winners agree to allow The Points Guy UK to confirm their last name and county (or city) of residence to other entrants.
- You can request the winners’ last name and county (or city) of residence by sending a stamped addressed envelope, stating which week’s winner you are inquiring regarding, to: 2019 TPG UK – Photo of the Week Competition, Attn: The Points Guy UK, Red Ventures Services Ltd, 8 Smarts Place, London, WC2B 5LW.
- The Competition is subject to English law.
- Events may occur which render the Competition itself or the awarding of the Prizes impossible due to reasons beyond our control and, accordingly, Promoter may in our absolute discretion vary or amend the Competition and you agree that no liability shall attach to Promoter as a result thereof.
10. Who is the Promoter (“the Promoter”)?
- Promoter is Red Ventures Services Limited, trading as The Points Guy UK.
- Our company number is 06952311.
- Our registered office is The Points Guy UK, Red Ventures Services Limited, 8 Smarts Place, London, WC2B 5LW